Dr. Saurabh Deshmukh, MBBS, DNB, FVRS, MNAMS
- Dr. Saurabh Deshmukh is a Board-certified Ophthalmologist and Vitreoretinal Surgeon.
- He completed his ophthalmology residency program and Vitreoretinal surgery fellowship from Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati, India (Centre of Excellence in Eye care). He holds an MBBS degree from the Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
- He discovered a new clinical sign in Ophthalmology – Triangle Sign
- He has published 35+ research articles in International and National journals including JAMA Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Retina, European Journal of Ophthalmology, Digital Journal of Ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Oman Journal of Ophthalmology.
- He is an active reviewer for BMC Ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Indian Journal of Cancer, Clinical Ophthalmology and Therapeutic Advances in Ophthalmology.
- He has delivered multiple invited talks, presented numerous papers, physical posters, e-posters and videos at various International and National conferences like American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) Congress, EURETINA Congress, Asia-
Pacific Vitreo-retina Society (APVRS) Congress, Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (APAO) Congress, Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), iFocus Online “Ask me OSCE” program and Eastern India Zonal Ophthalmological Congress (EIZOC).
- Star of India – International Ophthalmic Hero of India Award by All India Ophthalmological Society of India, 78th Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society, AIOC 2020, Gurugram.
- Dr. K R Dutta Best Free Paper Award, 33rd Annual Conference of East India Zonal Ophthalmological Congress, EIZOC 2019, Kaziranga.
- Photography Contest Winner, 52nd Annual Conference of Ophthalmological Society of Assam, OSA 2019, Guwahati.
- Winner of the 2019 American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) EyeWiki International Ophthalmologist Contest.
- Ophthalmic Photography Award, 34th Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, APAO 2019 Congress, Bangkok.
- Most Popular Video Award, 34th Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, APAO 2019 Congress, Bangkok.
- Young Researcher Award, Annual Conference of Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association, TNOA 2018, Pondicherry.
- 2 Images published on the Cover Page of Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
- 3 Images published on the Cover Page of TNOA Journal of Ophthalmic Science and Research.
- Best case presentation and a travel grant to AIOC 2019.
- Winner of the Ophthalmology Quiz, Golden Jubilee Conference of Ophthalmological Society of Assam, OSA 2017.
- Winner of Case presentation competition, ARC-AIOS, and 15th Mid-term OSA meet 2017.
- Winner of the Ophthalmology Quiz, 49th Annual Conference of Ophthalmological Society of Assam, OSA 2016.
- Sir Dorabji Tata Trust & JRD Tata Trust Scholarship, for outstanding performance in MBBS, 2009-2012 (4 consecutive years).
- Rank holder in National Astronomy Olympiad 2007 and awarded a certificate for distinctive performance.